ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator Artboards, PDF Pages, Photoshop SmartObjects as sequences?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha Zelman
Illustrator Artboards, PDF Pages, Photoshop SmartObjects as sequences?
on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:22:22 pm

Is it possible to import in AE and interpret as sequences various multi-page or multilayer items from other Adobe apps such as Artboards from AI, Pages from PDF and Layers from individual Smart Object photoshop files without first exporting them to multiple files?

Return to posts index

Tylor Larson
Re: Illustrator Artboards, PDF Pages, Photoshop SmartObjects as sequences?
on Feb 29, 2012 at 2:03:09 pm

it's kind of unclear what you are attempting to achieve. but you can
build a file in illustrator... and make a "Layer" for each frame..

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/gerard_rick/morph.php

this is a tutorial on how to do this... if this solved your problem, please repost as a solution.

Ty

Return to posts index

Sasha Zelman
Re: Illustrator Artboards, PDF Pages, Photoshop SmartObjects as sequences?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:18:42 pm

Tylor,

Thank you for the reply. What I am trying to achieve is to integrate AE in numerous script and action workflow that I have with Photoshop and Illustrator files. I use Illustrator multiple art-boards and their PDF-counterpart multipage PDF heavily, on Photoshop side - I use nested and layered Smart Objects. Turning Illustrator and Photoshop layers into sequences is kind of basic AE thing that I am familiar with, but the above formats seem to be needed to be converted into individual files before AE can use them as sequences and that is a bit inconvenient. Just imagine dropping in PDF file and animating the pages - but that does not work. I was hoping that I was missing something.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]