ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Camera blur problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave HiebertCamera blur problem
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:34:54 pm

I posted this about 8 hours ago, but I dont think it made it to the forum.

I have a composition 6000 by 6000 which has numerous photos on it with a look like they are tacked to a bulletin board. I have taken this composition and dropped it into another composition that is 1280 by 720. I've added a camera and a null object to control it. I am doing basic camera fly-ins and outs over the photos. For some reason I cant seem to get motion blur to work on this.

The motion blur inside the main (big) comp is enabled as are all the individual layers. It is also enabled in the final comp that I am rendering......there's no motion blur at all.

I've never had a problem with motion blur did I mess up?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Camera blur problem
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 2:34:49 am

Perhaps your camera moves are not sufficiently large to induce motion blur.

I suggest a test in which you place a dummy text layer in the final comp and animate its position property - set values across time that you know should induce motion blur. If MB occurs then you should look at the layers involved as well as the camera moves - increasing Shutter Angle helps to increase the amount of MB.

BTW, if there is no movement in your initial comp (bug comp), then it's redundant to switch on its MB.

Good Luck

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Camera blur problem
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:39:48 pm

Check your advanced composition settings. Change the motion blur shutter angle to something high, like 360 or even 720. Are you seeing blur now?

Return to posts index

Dave HiebertRe: Camera blur problem
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:47:42 pm

I sure am!!! Superb....thank you so much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved