ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spazz NielsenHow do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:46:06 pm

I'm changing the position as well as scale of a logo from the center (in big) to the right upper corner (as small). To ease the start and end of the scaling and position change I use easy ease interpolation. When I look closely at the result it looks as if the curve of the position isn't linear but its moving in a bit of a S-like curve. How do I avoid this when I want the position change to start and and stop slowly and keeping a straight linear moving curve to the corner?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:49:18 pm

Are you talking about your motion path or what you see in the graph editor?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Spazz NielsenRe: How do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:25:20 pm

The motion path.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:48:55 pm

To make it a straight line, highlight the keyframes, right-click on one of them and change the Keyframe Spatial Interpolation to Linear.

You can make this the default in AE Preferences if you'd like. Me, I like having them Bezier handles to play with in my motion paths.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: How do I avoid s-like curve when easy easing the keyframes of a scale and position change of a logo?
by on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:03:45 pm

You can directly edit the keyframe points of a motion path in the composition or layer view with the pen tool. This works just like editing regular mask vertices.

So with the pen tool you can opt-click (alt-click on pc) the keyframe points to convert them to linear.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]