ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RAM preview does not match export with Trapcode Form

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin AusmithRAM preview does not match export with Trapcode Form
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 6:54:47 pm

Hello world, this is my first post.

Having a strange issue when rendering out Trapcode Form. In my RAM preview, everything looks normal, yet when I render, my form particles have a slight transparency, so I get a kind of additive effect when the particles overlap. I'm rendering out at the same resolution that I'm working in, everything's on current settings, nothing fancy is happening with my form in terms of opacity (everything should be at 100% all the way through, not using a vanishing point or opacity map)... any ideas? Thanks!

Benjamin Ausmith
Post-Production Assistant
Monadnock Media, inc.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: RAM preview does not match export with Trapcode Form
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:51:57 pm

A common cause for such weirdness is attempting to use Open GL to accelerate rendering. You can't. If it's on, turn it off. Adobe employees don't use Open GL for rendering, and you shouldn't, either.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrew SomersRe: RAM preview does not match export with Trapcode Form
by on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:07:04 pm

If your export looks different than your preview, it is usually to do with OpenGL.

As Dave mentioned you should not use OpenGL to render anything intended for "final use", but I'd like to add that even if you have OpenGL turned OFF in rendering, if you are using OpenGL to preview, you will still have a discrepancy between what you see on screen, and what comes out of the render engine.

Prior to render, it is a good idea to look over your comp with "Fast Previews" turned off before render.

Alternately, in my project template, I have a "work comp" where I do all my work, and that is nested in a "render comp" that contains the slate and other things - the render comp is setup with no fast previews, conversions to final color space, what have you - and I will look at the render comp for making final adjustments for color, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]