ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating "veins" effect in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David PhiferCreating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:02:55 pm

Does any know how, or have any ideas, to create veins in a face or arm, similar to the effect in "Skyline?" I've attempted some methods, but nothing quite as realistic as what I've seen before.

Thank you sooo much for your thoughts!

--David

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Creating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:07:37 pm

play around with the advanced lightning effect. i think several layers of that could get you pretty close to that kind of texture.

animating the decay property can get them to grow on/off.

for compositing onto an image like a face, look at some tutorials like this one on videocopilot:

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/the_healer/

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

David PhiferRe: Creating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:13:17 pm

Kevin, wow, good idea with the lightning effect, I never even thought of that one.I will definitely try it. Also an avid fan of Andrew Kramer, I know that healing effect well, but haven't tried to use to with this. I don't know what the decay property is, I'll have to check on that one.

Thanks for the ideas, Kevin, I appreciate you taking the time. I'll let you know how it turns out!

David

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Creating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 6:06:00 pm

One more suggestion, once you get the animation of the veins/lightning the way you want it, you could use FreeForm Pro to displace that layer in 3d and match the shapes of the face/arm.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

David PhiferRe: Creating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 6:45:46 pm

Thanks, Ted, I've never played with Free form pro, but after watching your "Crazyface Commercial" I may have to try it. That was amazing work you did, I don't understand depth maps as I've never done that, but if you know of any preferred tuts or other examples, please shoot me some links. Thanks, Ted, I appreciate your thoughts, you're helping me up my game here!:)

Dave

Mod City Dave

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Creating "veins" effect in AE
by on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:13:34 pm

You can see a basic depth map in the tutorial below- it uses Free Form (the stock plugin) but the principle is the same:
http://library.creativecow.net/jelescu_tudor/3D-from-2D-image_AE/1

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]