ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trouble with AE 10.5 (CS5.5), Mac OS X Lion and F Keys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SwainTrouble with AE 10.5 (CS5.5), Mac OS X Lion and F Keys
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 7:39:08 pm

Hi

I'm running AE CS5.5 (exact version is 10.5.0.253) on Mac OS X Lion (Version 10.7.3). I've been using After Effects for at least 11 years and I've never had any trouble with Function Keys. I rely on them heavily for things like Easy Easing, toggling between Switches and Modes, etc. All day long. Since upgrading to Lion and CS5.5 (simultaneously), I can't get the F Keys to trigger the AE default shortcuts. F9 advances to the next iTunes track, F4 triggers Dashboard etc.

I've unchecked Use System Shortcut Keys in AE's General Preferences.

Is anyone else having this problem? If you're running CS5.5 on Lion and your F Keys work as expected in AE, I'd like to know that too. It might help me track the problem down to something local rather than assuming it's a general OS or App related issue.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon MerrifieldRe: Trouble with AE 10.5 (CS5.5), Mac OS X Lion and F Keys
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:31:19 pm

I had this issue before as well. In system preferences under Keyboard, there is a check box "Use all F1, F2, etc keys as standard keys". you may want to make sure this is checked.

cheers

Return to posts index

Dave SwainRe: Trouble with AE 10.5 (CS5.5), Mac OS X Lion and F Keys
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 8:40:22 pm

Thanks Jon. I'm rendering right now so can't check it, but I'm sure that's the fix. I even dug around in Keyboard setting but somehow missed this. The veteran feels like a newbie. I appreciate the quick reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]