ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Effect Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher RotterEffect Question
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:38:33 am

I want to turn some text inside out and have it change it's surface once inside and out. I don't use After Effects, I was hoping I could get some help on creating this type of effect. Plain text in the beginning then once flipped inside out the letter has a different look? I've been racking my head, trying to think on how to do this.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Effect Question
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:42:44 pm

I'm having a hard time visualizing what "turning text inside-out" looks like. Is there any other way you can explain it?

I'm afraid you may need a real 3D app for a shot like this.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Christopher RotterRe: Effect Question
by on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:54:22 pm

Imagine you had a rubber letter like O, now to turn it inside out, you'd easily flip it inside out and it would continue to look like an O, or an A, or T, or G etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved