ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Are the VCP presets compatible with CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Spencer TycksenAre the VCP presets compatible with CS5
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 1:31:58 am

I'm considering upgrading from CS4 to make the most of my RAM and processing power. I've really enjoyed using the VCP presets (film magic pro, twitch, evolution, etc.) I'm worried that upgrading will render them useless. Does anyone know if that will be a problem?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Are the VCP presets compatible with CS5
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 1:36:07 am

I'm not familiar with VCP; it must either be too arcane or too expensive for me.

If it's a third-party plugin for AE, you'll have to update it. It won't work in AE 10.5, because AE is now a 64-bit application. All the plugins have been rewritten for 64-bit.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Spencer TycksenRe: Are the VCP presets compatible with CS5
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 1:39:01 am

Thanks for the response. VCP is video co-pilot. The presets were put together by Andrew Kramer. I'm just not sure if they are 64 bit ready or not.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Are the VCP presets compatible with CS5
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 4:00:22 am

Animation presets created for a previous version of After Effects will still work in After Effects CS5.5, with obvious exceptions if (for example) they refer to features or effects not in the current version.

It's plug-ins that you need to worry about being 32-bit or 64-bit.

In general, if you have a question about whether an extension will work, it's a good idea to ask the folks who made the extension. People here _may_ know, but the creator of the extension is sure to know for certain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Are the VCP presets compatible with CS5
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 5:17:49 pm

There website says all the plugins are 64Bit ready. Since you bought the plugins they may allow you to upgrade for free or you may have to pay an upgrade cost. VCP has forums though, you might found the answer there:

http://www.videocopilot.net/forum/

ETA: Link to upgrades page

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]