ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

render for web streaming in AE CS5.5 (problem is index is at end of file)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Lakerender for web streaming in AE CS5.5 (problem is index is at end of file)
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:18:01 pm

I render a lot of small motion graphics clips in after effects to h.264 mp4. The clips will not progressively download because the index is at the end of the file (confirmed) so it can't be read by the player until it fully loads- preventing streaming.

Because of the volume of clips that I generate, I don't want to run a third-party app to move the index, nor do I want to have to export lossless and render it from Premiere Pro, because of the delay in getting it online.

Am I missing something? Is there a setting that I need to use?

I am running windows 7 x64, CS5.5 production suite and I have qt pro installed.

Thanks.
Bill

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: render for web streaming in AE CS5.5 (problem is index is at end of file)
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:03:20 pm

You could render lossless out of AE and have the Adobe Media Encoder set up with a watch folder to do your final compression. (That way you get multipass compression too, instead of the single pass AE does.)

Alternatively, you could render lossless out of AE and use Quicktime Pro to do your encoding.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: render for web streaming in AE CS5.5 (problem is index is at end of file)
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 9:11:21 pm

Running the file through QuickTime Pro to enable fast-start streaming playback is the only reliable method that I know of.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]