ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquinAfter Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:26:33 am

Hello again CreativeCow, first all i wanted to thnx for all the help everyone gave me here with my questions and bit by bit i'm progressing on doing my stuff in After Effects so Thank you For that.

And now my question:

A while back i asked if it was possible to make a certain effect i found an answer in Adobe Forums by "Szalam" wich said "On the camera in C4D, you would need to enable one of the blur functions.
Then, in your render settings, enable multipass rendering and add the depth pass.
Another option is to add a compositing tag to your gears and set them to different object buffers. Then, in your multipass settings add as many of the different object buffers as you need.
You would then use these object buffers as track mattes for copies of your video footage.
The C4D help file is actually really good. I love that you can right-click on something and click help and it takes you to the help page for that particular item. If you need more info, read up on it. C4D also comes with some very good tutorials including how to use it with After Effects."

I've readed the help files and watched some multipassing rendering tutorials in Cinema 4D but still coulnd't figure out how to do it.. i've been trying it all this time yet no results so i had to ask here back..

Could someone explain to me what "Slazam" meant step by step if it would be so kind.

Or anyone got any clue about how to archieve the effect i've made the gears already but still can't put anything insde them..

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 2:22:26 pm

The Great Slazam is a frequent poster here, so he may answer himself.

For the rest of us, can you point us to the thread you're referring to so we can get a little more context?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 2:33:51 pm

I hope he'll see this post i PM'd him in any case.

And yes sure here's the previous thread i've made here on Creative Cow and the one i made on Adobe Forums

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/50/858781

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4154301#4154301

Thank You.!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:36:32 pm

The idea there is to use a depth pass (a grayscale image that shows the distance of each pixel to the camera) and use it in conjunction with the object buffers (grayscale images that control the transparency of the C4D render to allow you to mask off specific objects that you tag in C4D). You'd have to use a threshold or levels effect on the depth pass as a luma matte for your object buffer to allow you to bisect the gears into near and far plates.

This can get complicated fast. It should be a lot simpler to bring your image into C4D.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:00:15 pm

What Walter said.

Also, can nobody spell my name correctly? The Great S Z A L A M
I'll break it down and make it simple: it's the first five letters of my last name and the first letter of my first name. :D Easy, right?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:09:37 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "Also, can nobody spell my name correctly?"

So sorry! You'd think after however many years I'd have gotten that right.

Have you ever considered changing your name to Slazapski for the benefit of the AE community? :)

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:27:51 pm

[Walter Soyka] "Have you ever considered changing your name to Slazapski for the benefit of the AE community? :)"

Know any good-looking guys with wonderful personalities by the last name of "Smith" that I could start dating?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:47:49 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "Know any good-looking guys with wonderful personalities by the last name of "Smith" that I could start dating?"

I hear you. Slavic names are tough. Mine's anglicized -- it should be Sojka.

I tried to convince my wife that someday our son would appreciate it if he could say, "Danger's my middle name" and pull out a driver's license that proved it.

Needless to say, I lost that one.

Walter Soyka

Return to posts index

Allen joaquinRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:50:31 pm

Right, i rendered the oject buffers but what do i do now? I have my animation done in Cinema 4D (The gears rotating) and i rendered it as TIF. then i rendered the multipass as PSD. i imported everything to AE but i still don't see the way to put the image/video inside of the gears..

I was using Zxwerks Invigorator PRO since when i get the gears inside AE i can still animate them with the rest of things inside of AE but HOW should i put the image inside.. no clue ..

And Szalam the example is on the first thread the first video.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 12, 2012 at 2:07:38 am

Right, i rendered the oject buffers but what do i do now? I have my animation done in Cinema 4D (The gears rotating) and i rendered it as TIF. then i rendered the multipass as PSD. i imported everything to AE but i still don't see the way to put the image/video inside of the gears..

I was using Zxwerks Invigorator PRO since when i get the gears inside AE i can still animate them with the rest of things inside of AE but HOW should i put the image inside.. no clue ..

And Szalam the example is on the first thread the first video.

Sorry for double post.

Return to posts index

Charles RowlandRe: After Effects Multipass Render from Cinema 4D? Compositing Tags?
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 3:55:26 pm

i tend to render everything out in .tiff sequence; i find it easier to work with, but thats a personal preference i guess. You can set the object buffer layers in AE to be used as track and luma matts and use that as a mask to get what you want. (that is, if im understanding you >_< )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]