ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PC version of 5.5 differences

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve BentleyPC version of 5.5 differences
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 9:54:30 pm

So I've finally gone over to the dark side and started using AE5.5 on a Win7 machine. The best we have on the Mac side remains AE5, so I don't know if the differences I'm seeing are Mac vs PC or AE5.5.

Here's the latest that driving me nuts.
If I mask a layer, I can't select and move that layer around or scale it until I turn the masks off in the composition window. In the past we've been able to just make sure the mask isn't selected and you could do whatever you wanted. This allowed movement, scaling, rotation all while seeing the mask travel with the layer. Then if you needed to tweek the mask, you could just grab a handle without having to make it visible. What gives?

Return to posts index

Steve BentleyRe: PC version of 5.5 differences
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:05:13 pm

Of course a little application of modifier keys is the answer to any problem (that and chocolate!).
The Ctrl key lets me move the the layer while the mask is visible - so I'm betting this is a 5.5 thing and there is a Mac equiv. However, if you want to scale the layer and the mask is visible the mask handle takes precedent over the layer's handle. Is there a way around this? Before the mask handle only took precedent if the mask was selected in the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved