ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Aiming at a target?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Paterson
Aiming at a target?
on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:02:53 pm

I have a guy shooting a 'ray-gun' at the camera from right to left. Trying to figure out how I could have each bullet come from the gun but aim at a different spot.

In 3D programs you can usually assign particles' direction to a target- is there any way to do this in AE?

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Aiming at a target?
on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:17:58 pm

First thought is parent the particle to a secondary (inactive) camera. Why? Cameras have Point of Interest controls, basically allowing you to aim.

I haven't tried it personally, but seems like a reasonable suggestion.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 10, 2012 at 6:51:39 pm

How do you have this ray gun set up?
The beam effect works well for ray guns and most particle effects give you aiming options, but until we know what you're doing, it's going to be hard to advise.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Ryan Paterson
on Feb 10, 2012 at 7:33:07 pm

It's ok I keyframed a rotating emitter in Particular, but I am still curious as to the existence of an expression or something that will let you dynamically point an object at another target object, as you can in any 3D program

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 10, 2012 at 8:55:29 pm

There should be a way to do it (I've done it, but I think only with 2d layers in AE). You should post this question in the Expressions forum.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]