ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

animated dots texture (array)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve GERGESanimated dots texture (array)
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:11:48 pm

hi i need to animate something looking similar to the attached image as a background for an animation, but i can't figure out how to do it and would love to have some inputs about it.... actually i was trying to use particular's grid emitter and a spherical far it works ok, but as you can see from the image the circles need to be big in the center and thin out to the edges, and i really don't know how i could achieve that effect with particular..... any ideas !??

Steve - Art Director -

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: animated dots texture (array)
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:28:03 pm

This looks like it could be done using Plexus. If you leave the particles at dots only and do not activate the lines, and then apply a Spherical Field distortion (from the Plexus Tool Kit), then you need to position a camera on top, looking straight on at your particles. Those on the Spherical Distortion Field will appear bigger being close to the camera in 3d space. You may have to play with the angle of the lens (make it wider).

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Steve GERGESRe: animated dots texture (array)
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 2:31:51 pm

this sounds not to bad... i'll give it a try ..... the thing is i'm working with plexus ALOT for this animation and didn't even thought about it..... i think it's the thing about not seeing the forest because all of the trees ;)

Steve - Art Director -

Return to posts index

Mato KokoticRe: animated dots texture (array)
by on Feb 9, 2012 at 2:41:34 pm

What about Effects>Distort>Bulge?
Or Spherify in Photoshop?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved