Hello. I have an object that I wish to scrunch. Basically, it's a sheet on a bed that I want to scrunch so it looks like it was pushed down the bed. I believe to achieve this effect I need to use some sort of Distort effect, but I do not know which. Thank you.
Re: Scrunch Effect by Ryan Turner on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:23:39 pm
1. Use the mesh warp to animate the scrunch
2. Duplicate the layer and set the transfer mode of the top layer to MULTIPLY
3. Go down your timeline where the scrunch is at it's widest. Using the Mask tool draw around the scrunch area. Then feather it slightly (around 8-10 depending). Set a keyframe for Mask Expansion(0).
4. Move to the beginning of the scrunch effect. Set a keyframe for the mask expansion to a negative number (ex.: -15) until you no longer see the darkness of the top layer.
5. Duplicate top layer to make darker or use color correction tools to darken.
I attached a link to a very rough example. Let me know if you have any questions.