ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Resources for AE, backgrounds, effects etc

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olly Lawer
Resources for AE, backgrounds, effects etc
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:23:42 pm

Hey,

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but wondered if someone could point me in the direction of AE resources.

I see from the Lynda.com tutorials that there are quite a few on Adobe's page - such as layer styles etc.

I also know that Video Co-pilot is a great resource.

I wondered if there are any others that people could put me on to. Especially interested in plug-ins and backgrounds and even animation presets and the like.

Thanks

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Resources for AE, backgrounds, effects etc
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:44:37 pm

[Olly Lawer] "Especially interested in plug-ins and backgrounds and even animation presets and the like."

I'm not really sure what you're asking for, Olly. These topics are pretty broad. Can you be a little more specific?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:51:20 pm

Sure, I'll try to be.

Say i'm animating in 3D, going from one picture/footage to the next (but in an inset), then I wondered if there are resources where you can download pre-made animations. I know you can buy templates from MotionFX and the like, but i'm more interested in animation presets that I can just apply to a solid or plug-ins/3rd party tools. An example might be 'optical flares' or 'Action Essentials 2' 3rd party tools,

Video Copilot offers some plug-ins/3rd party tools which is excellent. However, I wondered if there are any other sites too that people can recommend. Also maybe photoshop files that can be downloaded and pulled in to AE.

For further clarity, detonation films used to offer free explosions on a black background so I could just blend mode - Add and use them straight in project. Greenlayers used to offer a variety of green screen material - although they don't seem to exist anymore.

I'm after cool effects that I can just apply to a solid and 3rd party tools that add to the existing effects in AE.

Does that make more sense?

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:17:53 pm

Ah, you want one of these:

This should give you a ton of good stuff: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:19:55 pm

Thanks, but no, that's not what I was after. I could of just googled that myself ;)

I can create my own templates - in fact we do and sell them, although I want new third party plug-in's and to share in the love with other people's animated presets.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28:33 pm

[Olly Lawer] "I want new third party plug-in's and to share in the love with other people's animated presets."

On the question of animation presets: Adobe Exchange has an AE animation preset section [link]. There's also Red Giant People [link], but these are of course specific to Red Giant software plugins.

On the question of third-party plugins: the question is still very broad. There are different plugins for all kinds of effects, so knowing more about what you're looking to accomplish will help us point you in the right direction -- and "looks cool" doesn't count!

Here's a recent thread with a list of many common plugin bundles [link].

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Olly Lawer
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:30:00 pm

Thanks Walter :)

Cheers for the links. I will check back when I have something more specific for a project in mind. I suppose I was looking to browse effects and get some inspiration. Video Copilot is brilliant for this and has helped loads, but I wondered about other sites that are like that that I don't know about.

Thanks again.

Olly Lawer

Return to posts index

Angie Taylor
Re: Resources for #AfterEffects, backgrounds, effects etc
on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:02:55 am

If you use Sapphire plugins there's also FX Central which has tons of free stuff!

http://www.genarts.com/fx-central/look-collections

cheers,

Angie

Angie Taylor animation & illustration for television, film, web and devices

http://www.angietaylor.co.uk
Twitter: theangietaylor
Linkedin: theangietaylor
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angie-Taylor/118378194869002

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]