ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to locate an active camera layer within a template

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew KeoHow to locate an active camera layer within a template
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 2:50:49 pm

Hello,

Purchased a AE template online. There is no final composition/layer, it is all broken up. Within one of the compositions/layers, there is a an "active camera" and I can't locate the layer. I want to be able to slow the movement down, which I've done successfully before in other templates when I've been able to locate the layer. Is there any way I can search for the active layer camera so that I can see keyframes. The "shy" switch did not reveal anything.

Andrew

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: How to locate an active camera layer within a template
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:04:56 pm

Perhaps there isn't a camera at all. If this is the case, then create one.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to locate an active camera layer within a template
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 6:05:28 pm

As Roland implies with his assumption of the most likely cause, there isn't a whole lot of information to give anybody a fighting chance at a really accurate diagnosis.

For example, you write. "There is no final composition/layer, it is all broken up." Does this mean that there are many different comps that all need to rendered, or that you haven't found the comp that actually get rendered yet?

Do any of these comps contain 3D layers? Lights?

Templates typically come with a document explaining how the thing works. Have you looked at it?

You should also know that when you see the term "active camera" below the comp window, it simply indicates the view AE is using, and it's the default when there is no camera; hence the confusion.

A little more detailed explanation of your situation might help.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to locate an active camera layer within a template
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 7:48:31 pm

If, as others have suggested, there is no camera, it could be that your layers are all parented to a layer that is animated.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]