ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing Cinema4D R13 project into After effects CS4 AND CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy ChopraImporting Cinema4D R13 project into After effects CS4 AND CS5
by on Feb 5, 2012 at 7:24:39 pm

Hi everyone

I am having a really big problem with importing a cinema 4D R13 project into after effects CS4 using the "correct" plugin from the Exchange folder AND even from the MAXON site!.. I have rendered a scene with multipasses AND an after effects composition file but when I try to open the AEC file it opens after effects but nothing is in it, no composition, no multipasses nothing! If I import the same file from inside after effects the same result...

1) I have checked for any duplicates of the plugin on my system but found none (someone else online mentioned they can clash if there is a duplicate somewhere and cause this issue) so this didn't fix it.

2) I have installed the C4D plugin file into the correct after effects plugins folder!! C:Program Files (x86)AdobeAdobe After Effects CS4Support FilesPlug-ins

3) It is the importer and not the exporter plugin that I am trying to use... though I have tried both and nothing!

Of course I can always just import the multipass folder and files into an after effects composition manually but I don't get the camera or lighting data from Cinema4D which is what I need... The renders have come out perfectly when I do this to check them... but its just this after effects composition file that is killing me....

I have tried going backwards and rendering a test still using Cinema 4D R11.5 and even installed the after effects cs5 trial to see if that made any difference but when I try to use CS5 with this AEC file I get the following error (After Effects error: Can't import file "crumble.aec" unsupported filetype or extension. ( 0 :: 1 )...

I am using Windows7 (of course going through the motions of deleting the other versions and installing the newer plugin from maxon's site into the CS5 plugins folder when doing so)

Is it a Windows7 issue? security administrator settings or something? if so anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to fix it?

any help much appreciated...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved