ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

More: Web Hyperlinks in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Otto BulutMore: Web Hyperlinks in AE
by on Feb 5, 2012 at 6:59:55 pm

Hey Folks!

In a thread titled "Web Hyperlinks in AE" Mylenium answered,

"Nope, you don't. You have to to author that using standard Web methods or Macromedia Director (use the last frame as a still and assign the link to it). The only way to do such a thing automatically from within AE is using Markers, but this only works with Quicktime files."

The italicized sentence is what I am needing to do. There is a hand written URL that I put a solid layer over the URL with a color dodge blending mode to make blue. Is there a way to make that layer clickable or the screen clickable while it's on the timeline? Or is there a better way to do it? I've never used markers before and am so not a coder. Unfortunately, using flash is not an option.
Also, would a different approach be needed if the mov was to be played from a browser?

I appreciate any help I can get with this! Help today would really save my butt! It's for a nonprofit that I really believe in.

Muito Obrigado!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: More: Web Hyperlinks in AE
by on Feb 5, 2012 at 7:48:25 pm

No. You need to use Flash to do this.

What Mylenium was referring to is a feature that allows you to specify that a web page be opened when the movie playback gets to a specific time. This only works for a very limited set of formats. Details are here.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

Otto BulutRe: More: Web Hyperlinks in AE
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 1:32:20 am

Alright, well maybe Flash IS an option!

Thanks, Todd!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved