ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

QT movie stairstepping in Ae

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate tullQT movie stairstepping in Ae
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:31:19 pm

The QuickTime clip Im receiving from our editor looks great when I open it in Quicktime but when I pull it into Ae and drop it on the New Comp button it looks like DogSqueeze. My comp is at 'Full' I dont know why its doing this. Ive attached a couple images thanks for any advice. the pic of QT file the chair in the for front is smooth but the pic of the Ae file the chair is stairstepping bad.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: QT movie stairstepping in Ae
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 8:24:59 pm

The screen grabs are tiny, so it's a little tough to tell, but make sure you turn Pixel Aspect Ratio correction on [link]. The toggle switch looks like this:

The preview in the comp window may still look a bit ugly, but the renders will be pristine.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: QT movie stairstepping in Ae
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 8:55:52 pm

Also right click on the QT in the project window and check to see if field interpolation is turned on correctly for your footage. DV footage is Lower, HD is upper - if not progressive.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved