ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Make This Effect? (thanks!)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Er Bin HaoHow to Make This Effect? (thanks!)
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:39:48 pm

I'm making a trailer whereby a character walks out of a door and the scene is different.

Like the sideview of the door | , where the character will enter and exit but the 2 rooms where the character enters and exits are totally different.

How can it be done? THANKS

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How to Make This Effect? (thanks!)
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:50:26 pm

The easiest way would be to do it with a set built for one environment/room and the door frame with the door; on the other side, where the second environment/room is supposed to be you can have a chroma screen. For example, actor walks out of living room (real set) into a desert (composited using green screen).
The next best thing is to have just the door frame in front of a chroma and replace both environments.
There may be other ways, but it depends a lot upon your script, storyboard, locations, budget, skill and so on.
For other ideas and better feedback post more details.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Er Bin HaoRe: How to Make This Effect? (thanks!)
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 3:52:27 am

Ohhh thanks for the reply! But i was thinking of going from one place to another..like the character exits from a classroom and enters another place. Issit possible, without the door for AE to pan from one video (in the classroom) to another?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: How to Make This Effect? (thanks!)
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 9:11:37 am

You'll have to be a bit more specific- find an example- a clip, image or even sketch would help. Pretty much you can do anything with the right planning, but first you need a clear idea. I suggest you draw a storyboard of how you want this scene to pan out.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]