ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Object Removal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin ThompsonObject Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 4:15:53 am

Hey Guys.

Any idea on how to take out these tire marks?
The camera comes from behind, right by the talent and then drives past as the camera remains on her.

http://btoddthompson.com/transfer/Flats%20(88441).jpg

I've tried duplicating the layer, masking it and moving it over while keyframing the mask. The end result looks like the salt flats are slightly swimming. I've also tried mocha but the camera move is quite long and the result enlarges the clean plate too much.

I got about a .8 rms error in syntheyes for the second half of the shot so I think this is the way to go. Any ideas?

ben

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:42:34 am

Looks like a tough one. Do you have Mocha Pro? The remove module can work with multiple clean plates and keep the transforming perspective in check.

Return to posts index

Benjamin ThompsonRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 5:56:34 am

I only have Mocha AE.

If you go to:
http://btoddthompson.com/transfer/

I've uploaded the shot. Can what you've suggested be done in Mocha AE?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2012 at 6:50:10 am

Looks like Mocha Pro and the remove module is the answer after a bit of searching. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:07:17 am

You can try it with the Mocha Pro trial. But you can't open trial version projects in the full version.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:38:11 am

mochaPro has the Remove Module. The shot isn't as bad as I had imagined. However, the lens flare may interfere with the tracking engine. Multiple clean plates will be ideal as mentioned in an earlier post but you will find it incredibly difficult to match the clean plates due to the patterned floor.

There are just too many things wrong with the clip from a production POV. My thoughts are that tracking wasn't thought out as a requirement when this was shot.

I suggest that you check this out with the good folks at Imagineer's forum on their site.

Good Luck
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

by on Feb 3, 2012 at 9:10:43 pm

Thanks Guys.

I'll try the forum and the trial. Might just have to be a shot to let go or send off to a 3d app and spend hours on the shader.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 11:24:25 pm

You could also roto the girl and then replace the entire floor with CG. This may be a better option than removing the tyre marks. But let's see what the good folks at Imagineer suggest.

Good Luck
RoRK

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

Andrew SomersRe: Object Removal
by on Feb 6, 2012 at 3:46:39 am

Your biggest problem will be the lens flare.

But otherwise, you need to make a synthetic plate (2D) that is basically an overhead view of the land that needs to be painted out, and paint out the tracks on this one static layer.

Then track the shot using a 3D or 2.5 D tracker

Orient the synthetic element to match the real ground.

Use a mask to reveal the synthetic element.

Put the main plate on a layer above, and use Multiply to add the shadows back in as necessary.

You can probably ADD in back the lens flares using a layer of the main plate, or use a plug in to add in a simulated flare to cover.

You can do this with Mocha AE for the 2.5D track, use Photoshop for the synthetic plate, and create the masks in Mocha or in AE. However, I think you'd be happier with a 3D track for the synthetic replacement element.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]