ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change time speed.. for a whole precomp, that uses write-on effect to reveal image

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul BooneChange time speed.. for a whole precomp, that uses write-on effect to reveal image
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 7:41:17 pm

ok, so I have a black border of a bed that is being drawn on by means of the write-on effect using reveal image. I have arranged the keyframes so that the bed is drawn on smoothly and at the same speed. I assumed that if I got the lines drawn in at an even speed, I could precomp it, and then add something like timewarp to tweak the speed of the whole pre-comp, rather than adjusting each individual keyframe of which there are about 15. When timewarp is applied, the bed is no longer drawn in and is just a still image. perhaps another time adjustment effect?

What's the best way to do this? I guess I could render it out and import it back in, but I would like the freedom to adjust certain things.

There are many layers that have different images, so I thought it was worthwhile to find a better way to adjust speed of a whole precomp than exporting and importing back in.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Change time speed.. for a whole precomp, that uses write-on effect to reveal image
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:32:11 pm

[Paul Boone] "...add something like timewarp to tweak the speed of the whole pre-comp, rather than adjusting each individual keyframe of which there are about 15..."

Oh, you're overthinking this thing. pal! Fifteen keyframes ain't NOTHIN! Go mess with your keyframes to adjust your timing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: Change time speed.. for a whole precomp, that uses write-on effect to reveal image
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 10:00:35 pm

Make sure all the animating stuff is in the precomp. Then it should work simply by enabling time remapping (command+opt+T) for your layer. Just tweak your start and end keyframe and you're set.

Using Timewarp for remapping is mostly used with original footage, to add motion blur or introduce tween frames. If you have a precomped animation, and you time remap it, AE will automatically interpolate additional values for you so the write-on effect should move smoothly.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing
http://www.mostlydocumentary.com

Return to posts index

Paul BooneRe: Change time speed.. for a whole precomp, that uses write-on effect to reveal image
by on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:46:37 am

Nice. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]