ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

HUGE Offset effect rendering problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wes gillilandHUGE Offset effect rendering problem
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 6:58:56 pm

I am trying to do a cheesy Slot machine look for some text and am using the offset effect.

When I ram preview it does exactly what I want it to, but, when I render it starts and then freezes about a second in.

I have tried everything I can think of, it's becoming a crazed obsession.

Someone else posted on here with the same issue, but the answer to turn off the openGL render doesn't apply to me because it was already off.

Please, someone, put my mind at ease...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: HUGE Offset effect rendering problem
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 8:29:57 pm

Without additional information we're forced to use crystal balls to diagnose your problem, and you don't want that.

Computer: processors, cores, amount of storage, amount of memory, any fancy cards
Software: OS version, AE version
Video footage: media container (QT, MXF) and codec

Leave anything out and you're just delaying a diagnosis.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: HUGE Offset effect rendering problem
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:44:27 pm

In addition to the very important questions Dave asked and just out of curiosity, what font are you using?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

ben g ungurenRe: HUGE Offset effect rendering problem
by on Feb 2, 2012 at 9:57:16 pm

This is a short-term solution, but if you are able to get a full-quality RAM preview, then press command+NUM0 (like you would for a typical RAM preview, but adding CMD, or CTRL on a PC). This will load a RAM preview as usual, but instead of playing it back, it asks you for a place to save the movie file. AE will then "render" your movie entirely from the frames stored in the RAM so no additional processing will take place, other than writing the movie file.

Ben Unguren
Motion Graphics & Editing

Return to posts index

Galen FottRe: HUGE Offset effect rendering problem
by on May 23, 2013 at 11:30:24 pm

My response in a different thread, which I find to still be true in CS6:

This filter has been buggy for a while. OpenGL seems to have nothing to do with it. It seems there's a "magic line" of approximately 32,769, positive or negative, beyond which the Shift Center To parameter fails to work. I'm in a 1920x1080 comp, with a same-sized Photoshop file, rendering at Full quality. Set keyframes at 40,000x540 and -40,000x540. There will be no movement until the Shift Center To value crosses that 32,769 line. Then it will animate, until it reaches -32,769, at which point it freezes again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved