ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

base 30->24, cs5.5 mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
josh hsojbase 30->24, cs5.5 mac
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 11:18:40 pm

I have a list of stills that are not named in a sequence like:

I want to add these to a composition and have them sequence, meaning not stack on top of each other, but each frame gets a new still picture, one frame for one picture.

The problem is that the composition is 24 frames (correct) and the stills I drag in seem to be based on 30 frames a second. How do I change this so everything is 24?

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: base 30->24, cs5.5 mac
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 11:58:14 pm

If they are stills, they do not have a framerate; if they are showing up as having a framerate of 30fps, then they are not stills.

If they are video clips, whose content is static, then the framerate really doesn't matter, especially if you're only using one frame from each. To make sure nothing weird happens when you put each one in the composition, you could right-click on the layer (after you've put it in the composition) and choose 'Time > Freeze Frame'.

If you want to sequence the layers, with one frame per picture, drag all your stills into the composition, then at the first frame, select all the layers and press alt-] to set the out-point to the first frame. Then, with the layers still selected, go to Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers... and make sure the overlap options are off.

There you go - a sequence full of all your stills.

- Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved