ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Severe After Effects Trouble!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon HooperSevere After Effects Trouble!
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:13:14 am

I am extremely new to the whole After Effects thing, and honestly dont understand a single thing anyone says about it....

I am working on a project for school, and I need to:

1. replace the color of a box
2. replace the logo on the box
3. remove product name on box
4. blur out caller number on phone scenes

If you can give me extremely detailed info or just do it for me (would be better) cause my school said anyone can help me, all i had to do was film it, and thats done... So yeah, if you can help in anyway shape or form, PLEASE reply... my project is due this saturday!

Return to posts index

Brian CharlesRe: Severe After Effects Trouble!
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:33:57 am

Well Brandon, sounds like you might be hooped. The tasks you describe are easy for someone familiar with After Effects but may be challenging to a new user.

Can I assume you are running After Effects CS 5 or greater?

I'm going to assume you have footage (a video you shot) of some sort of box. If there is no camera motion you need to look for masking tutorials.

If the camera moves look for Motion Tracking tutorials for Mocha (a product that ships with After Effects).

These will get you started. If you don't understand the interface, you may want to get someone with more experience to help you.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Brandon HooperRe: Severe After Effects Trouble!
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 2:39:40 am

Yes, I have CS5.
Their is movement, and I dont get a single thing on after effects...

thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Severe After Effects Trouble!
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 4:22:42 am

If you're new to After Effects, I'd recommend the following link, in which Adobe's Todd Kopriva pulls together some important introductory materials:

I especially recommend the Video Copilot "Basic Training" series that Todd links to.

Taking a bit of time to learn some of the basics will be necessary to understand some of the more involved things you're looking to do, but Brian's right that you have a lot of ground to cover in only a little bit of time.

Good luck with your project.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved