ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
perry van der SteenCant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 8:44:00 am

Im working whit a project where i have to use a still of a 16mm strip whit the resolution of 3300x900. Rendering in after effects and actually the whole project is whiteout any problems. But when rendering to a movie it fails at the first frame the still is being used in. I tried a forced render, other file sizes for the still and for the export, pre-rendering the part but nothing helps, it always fails.

I cant lower the resolution of the file ( although i think this will solve the problem ). Does anyone know a way to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 9:43:57 am

Cut the large image in smaller pieces, bring them in AE as separte layers and re-assemble the image this way, linking all pieces to a Null for easy animation. This should solve your problem and allow you to keep a high resolution.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

perry van der SteenRe: Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 3:03:45 pm

I just tried it and it didn't help. There must be something els wrong. There are stills way bigger in the animation that don't make the render fail ... I have no clue what to do. I got as far as exporting a jpeg-sequence witch did export the frames but bugged them making it impossible for compressor the make a video out of the jpeg's ...

Return to posts index

perry van der SteenRe: Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 3:25:49 pm

I just tried it and it didn't help. There must be something els wrong. There are stills way bigger in the animation that dont make the render fail ... I have no clue what to do. I got as far as exporting a jpeg-sequence witch did eport the frames but bugged them making it impossible for compressor the make a video out of the jpeg's ...

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 5:47:46 pm

What do you mean by "bugged them"?
If you have a sequence of stills you can import them in AE and create a composition, save the project and open it in Encoder. Then you can compress that sequence of frames to whatever codec you need.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Andreas VlasovRe: Cant make movie ( render ) composition thanks to high ress still!
by on May 18, 2012 at 5:06:18 pm

Maybe you did anything wrong? Sometimes ago I had similar issue and I fix it in this way.

Check my great online service for animation making.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]