ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devon Washingtonmissing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 7:52:35 am

I really need help, I was working on a music video for this group, I pieced the footage in premiere pro cs5.5 and color correct/colorgrad in after effects cs5 (dynamic link) after saving and closing out of premiere and after effects I returned later and multiple files are offline in premiere, so I tried doing the right click and link media but as I went to the AE project the composition is missing, not the footage but the whole composition is there any way I can get it back?????

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 1:21:49 pm

Was your projeect and files on an external drive? Premiere and AE don't lose files very often.

Also, do you have autosaved turned on? Probably the easiest way of preventing projects from getting lost or corrupted. Autosave is located under Edit > Preferences. It's made for exactly this reason.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Devon WashingtonRe: missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 28, 2012 at 2:30:23 pm

No I don't think my projects are saved on my external drive they are saved to my documents folder, I also don't think I ever manually turned auto save on for after effects but my premiere pro auto saves tho but I never manually turned that on either but the premiere auto saves.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 2:54:58 pm

Let me make sure I understand. If you open up your After Effects project, a composition that you had been working on is no longer in the project?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Devon WashingtonRe: missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 31, 2012 at 4:44:47 am

In my premiere pro, once I'm done slicing different clips and piece them together what I do is I right click each clip one by one and dynamic link each one, which will give them their on composition. That problem is long gone now, I just redid all of it now my problem is every time I try exporting the video out with Media Encoder half will export and then the other half will have a black/blank screen showing no footage at all,I tried exporting more than 13 times and it keeps exporting half and half will go black, the music plays but it shows no footage I don't know how to fix it :(

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: missing composition in after effects please can someone tell me how to fix this?
by on Jan 31, 2012 at 4:04:43 pm

How are you getting to the point where you are having problems? You are not giving a lot of information.

You are in Premiere CS5.5 and you have a sequence that includes some shots that are Dynamic Linked to some After Effects compositions, right? (Is your AE CS5 as you said, or is it CS5.5?) Are all of the shots seperately linked to AE or just some?

You send that sequence to the Media Encoder out of Premiere by going to File>Export>Media, right? And what are the settings you've chosen?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 1, 2012 at 3:37:01 am

Yes that's right, most shots are seperately linked to AE cs5.5 It's over a 1,000 chopped up footage and each one I color correct/color grade with colorista II, mojo, levels, sharpness and contrast

I send the sequence to Media Encoder I use H.264 for my format and use the hdtv 1080 High Quality preset I keep everything the same except target bit rate an maximum (20-30)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]