ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to fill a green screen keyed video clip with another video masked inside it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Vogel
How to fill a green screen keyed video clip with another video masked inside it?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:26:52 pm

Hello, I am working on a music video and have a question for an effect in AE CS5.

I have a clip of a girl I filmed dancing in front of a green screen, that I've keyed out using keylight. I've also added a bcc glow aplha edges effect to the edges of her body after she's been keyed out.

What I'd like to do now is, fill the body with another video clip, which will not affect the background. I plan on having another video clip on the background layer.

I've attached an image of her silhouette with the glow edges, what I'd like to do is fill the inside portion with a video clip inside the mask, and leave the background (outside her body) unaffected.

Hoping someone can guide me to a solution! Thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Rich Vogel
Re: How to fill a green screen keyed video clip with another video masked inside it?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:29:23 pm

Here is a screenshot of the image - 3589_audria.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to fill a green screen keyed video clip with another video masked inside it?
on Jan 27, 2012 at 5:00:05 pm

Duplicate your keyed layer and remove the BCC glowed edges effect. Put the layer you want as your "fill" below this layer and change the track matte of this layer to "alpha"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 27, 2012 at 8:00:46 pm

More info on track mattes here: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Rich Vogel
on Jan 28, 2012 at 5:55:07 am

Thanks for your reply, I am having trouble and wondering if you can give a few pointers.

I duplicated the track with the alpha glow edges, and removed the glow effect on the duplicated track. I then placed the video that I want to use as my fill, below the track I duplicated.

I am new to track mattes, I looked at the link that Michael provided on track mattes, since I wasn't sure where to find them.

Is it just the "Blending Mode" menu when you right click the track? I chose "Stencil Alpha" from there but it didn't seem to do anything. I tried "Silhouette Alpha" as well but it didn't do the trick.

I think I might be missing something here, if you are able to give a hand I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 28, 2012 at 5:28:37 pm

You are missing something. Change the blending mode back to "Normal". On the bottom of that column where you changed the blending mode, click the toggle button (or just press F4). It'll switch to the column that lets you change track matte options.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]