ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

When render video, appears green field?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ivan marticWhen render video, appears green field?
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 5:19:06 pm

When render video, appears green field? That green field occurs 2 or 3 times during the render, and after render.....I see this green on video.
I use AAE CS4, just start learning, but this is template, so I
could "break" something. Sorry for my english....

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: When render video, appears green field?
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:58:10 pm

If there is any footage in your template, use Adobe Media Encoder or MPEG Streamclip or your favorite editing program to convert that footage into something other than h.264.

Dave LaRonde explains why:
Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

ivan marticRe: When render video, appears green field?
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 7:50:54 pm

which codec is best for AAE?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:27:58 pm

People used to suggest a lossless AVI or Quicktime with the Animation codec. However, if you try those you will notice they produce humongous files.
I quite like Quicktime with the PNG codec. It's technically lossless.
However, a lot of people still don't like how large the file size is.

If file size is a concern, you can also do Quicktime with the JPEG codec. At high quality values it is nearly lossless and you really can't tell the difference, but the file sizes are significantly smaller.

Another popular option is a TIFF sequence.

A newer, option that gives pretty small file sizes, but is still technically lossless, is the Avid dnxhd codec. You would have to go to Avid's site to download it, but you might test it for your work flow too.

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

ivan marticRe: When render video, appears green field?
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 10:53:18 pm

When I render, I use Quicktime with jpeg.
the picture is crystal clear.
This greenfield there was never before, I tried to make another video and everything is fine....but this (MGM template) is still the same.

Thanks for your help, I will try different combinations, some may succeed.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:55:44 am

Okay, take the MGM footage that's an MP4 into Adobe Media Encoder and make a Quicktime with JPEG codec with it and replace the footage in your project with the newly encoded one and see if it still does that.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]