ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How To Achieve Bohemian Rhapsody Kaleidoscope/Prism effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken EvansHow To Achieve Bohemian Rhapsody Kaleidoscope/Prism effect
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:32:57 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to emulate the use of a prism lens in After FX. The best example is on the Queen Bo Rap video during the operatic section. You see a shot of the band in the middle of the frame and then duplicate images are then arranged around the central image and sometime spin around too.

All of the kaleidoscope effects in AE work with a mirror or flip system so you don't get the clear original image centre frame as you would with a prism lens. Aside from creating it manually, are there any bundled FX that might do this? (I also have Boris Continuum 5 - the prism effect there does not IMO replicate a true prism)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How To Achieve Bohemian Rhapsody Kaleidoscope/Prism effect
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 2:40:14 pm

I'm unfamiliar with a kalidescope effect that will serve your needs.

Pretty easy to build a precomp where you place your video though, drop that into your final comp and create the kalidescope. Then you can just replace the video as needed, without having to rebuild everything.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]