ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Random Blemd Mode

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olaf steelRandom Blemd Mode
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:28:15 pm

I've been searching online for how to do this for hours-- I'm not sure how to word the searches as I don't know what the feature is called...

What I'm trying to do is blend a texture image into text, so that the text takes up the texture in the image.
I know there is a button or a combination of buttons that you can push that makes AE randomly shuffle through different ways of blending the image into the text.

I know it's possible because I've seen it in a tutorial - I think an Andrew Kramer one, but I can't remember how to do it.

If anyone can help, I would be extremely grateful. I'm definitely loosing hair trying to find out how to do this!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Random Blemd Mode
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:35:45 pm

It's not random, but Shift+ - (hyphen) or Shift+= (equal sign) on the main keyboard will cycle through the blending modes.

Don't forget that a the opacity makes a difference.

Also, Track Mattes might come in handy too.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

olaf steelRe: Random Blemd Mode
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 11:09:49 pm

That's it exactly!
Thanks so much for your help.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Random Blemd Mode
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 2:08:30 am

If you want randomness then in a precomp, duplicate the layer as many times as you need different blending modes. Then stagger the layer across the timeline. Nest this precomp and apply Time Remapping. THen either keyframe the time remapping values or link it to a slider via Expressions.

Intensive AE & Mocha Training in Singapore and Malaysia
Adobe ACE/ACI (version 7) & Imagineer Systems Inc Approved Mocha Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved