ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Editing Techniques

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aboagye Addo-NyantakyiEditing Techniques
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 10:57:49 am

Please can someone help me?
How does one film and edit to make someone in the video appear to be writing on the tv screen? Eg. Fastlane by Eminem and Royce
Thank you

Please can someone help?
How does one edit a video to make a person appear to be writing with their finger on the screen? Eg. Fastlane by Eminem and Royce

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Editing Techniques
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 1:05:59 pm

The techniques used in that video require a lot of planning(story boarding) and intermediate to advance AE skills-understanding of tracking, particle generators, text animators, rotoscoping(or perhaps green screening), compositing and simulators.

There are quite a few different techniques used in that video, if you could let us know specifically at what time/effect you are want to figure out, it would be helpful.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Aboagye Addo-NyantakyiRe: Editing Techniques
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 1:44:34 pm

Thank you for the quick response.
At 2:15-16 and 2:32-33 where they appear to be drawing.
I will be more grateful if someone could make a tutorial on the processes involved in achieving similar effects.
Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2012 at 1:52:39 pm

If you are mean the technique at 2:15, it looks like the editor tracked the finger, either with motion tracker, or maybe just created a solid and used the pen tool to create a path that folows his finger. Then you could use the stroke tool with some blur, trapcode stroke, or use particular to create the line applying the motion data

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2012 at 3:40:11 pm

Best tutorial I saw describing the technique - tutorial is in English, but the person is using a foriegn AE layout.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Aboagye Addo-NyantakyiRe: Editing Techniques
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 4:04:18 pm

I really appreciate your assistance.
Any additional information relevant to the initial question is still appreciated.
Thank you.

Please can someone help?
How does one edit a video to make a person appear to be writing with their finger on the screen? Eg. Fastlane by Eminem and Royce

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]