ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carr LockwoodProblem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:07:26 pm

Ok so im trying to make a typogrophy video and I have my lyrics designed in photoshop. So the other day I imported them into After Effects and they worked fine they came in were colored lavender and i could expand the time they showed up. Im working off a external hardrive and so today i tried to edit the after effects project on my laptop. NOW HERE IS THE PROBLEM.

The files where missing so I double clicked and located them but when after effects located them it made each layer only 2 FRAMES LONG and I cant edit the time span of them or anything. They also are showing up as a picture icon followed by muttlpe pictures behind it. IDK what to do and Im getting frustrated with it please help!

BTW im working on windows 7 computers both my laptop and desktop

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 3:47:22 pm

When you double-click and locate them is the "Sequence" check box selected? If it is uncheck that and try importing.

Otherwise, I would move everything, folders, pictures, project to hard-drive and reopen from there. Usually AE will find everything if it's all in the same folder.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Carr LockwoodRe: Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 4:02:45 pm

All layers in the photoshop composition are missing I double click one select the photoshop file and try and chose one layer in that comp to replace the missing one it then imports as a 2 frame layer not a still image but it's still in photoshop there's no animations done in photoshop. I see no sequence check box or anything like that

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:05:51 pm

Can you open your original project and have does it still work correctly? If so, you could try "Collect the Files" located under the files tab. This will take make a new folder and copy project and all your assets to a new destination.

This probably isn't the most optimal solution, but if you want to keep working, it's an option that might work.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Carr LockwoodRe: Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 5:59:33 pm

Yes it works fine just the files are missing I guess I will try that but I'm more concerned on why they are not importing as still images ?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:20:32 pm

If the files are missing, collecting files isn't going to work. Sorry, I was under the assuption that your project worked on the system with the files intact.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:22:53 pm

So how do I get the file working ? As still frames and not as frames

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:46:57 pm

If it's not a problem, create a folder, drop in your project and one of the psd's; then zip it and upload it here. Let me take a quick look and see if there is anything I notice real quick.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Problem importing Photoshop files to After Effects NEED YELP PLEASE!
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:47:09 pm

in ae there is a preference for still footage (preferences>import). it sounds like you may need to set that to preference to length of comp.

but you should also be able to drag the outpoint (or inpoint) of a layer to make it any duration you need... well, up to the comp's duration--if you need to extend the comp's duration you can do that in the composition settings).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:51:23 pm

How would I upload it here ?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 7:12:15 pm

Last icon in the replay dialogue. Make sure grab the embed link when you are finished and post it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

by on Jan 24, 2012 at 11:24:59 pm

Fixed it! I had one photoshop named example photoshop pt 1 and another as photoshop pt 2 and for some reason after effect put them into a sequence annamation file of two frames wierd

Return to posts index

by on Jan 25, 2012 at 12:02:23 am

Glad you worked it out.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]