ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Output Freezing when using Output device

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Mellado
AE Output Freezing when using Output device
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:25:25 am

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your support.

I have been working for a while using AE for live video composing, having a projector as output (this may not make sense, but it is the kind of work that I like doing :P). I use "Digital Cinema Desktop" as Output Device and "Digital Cinema Desktop Prview - Raw" as Output Mode.

After a while the output freezes. I can keep working on my laptop screen, but I have to change the program I working with (i.e. press cmd+tab to go back to Finder or any other program running on the backgorund) and go back again to AE to have the output back to live.
Any idea on why is this happening? May it has something to do with the video card? I have seen this happening in both Mac Book and Mac Book Pro, several different computers.

best,
Diego

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: AE Output Freezing when using Output device
on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:36:24 pm

What version of AE? Which of the Mac's graphics cards are you using? What Mac OS?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Diego Mellado
on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:02:57 pm

Hi Michael and thanks for your interest.
I am using CS5, Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and the inner card graphics for MacBook and MacBookPro.
Best,
Diego

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 23, 2012 at 4:32:07 pm

Have you updated to the latest version of CS5? The updates fixed a lot of bugs.
I don't know about the MacBook, but I know the MacBook Pros have two different graphics cards in them that you can switch between. Do you know which of them you were using for AE?

- The Great Szalam

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Diego Mellado
on Jan 24, 2012 at 9:13:30 am

Dear Michael,
MacBook Pro is running two graphics boards in thr profile: Intel HD Graphic and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.
I guess the Intel internal graphics is doing nothing at all :P
MacBook: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

Both are running AE 10.0.0.458

Thanks for your support!
D!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 24, 2012 at 3:07:56 pm

The Intel internal graphics is doing all the work, unless you've told it otherwise. The more powerful graphics card uses more battery, so it tends to not get used until you tell it to.

Also, update your AE. I believe the latest version is 10.0.2.4

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

Diego Mellado
on Jan 24, 2012 at 3:25:17 pm

Michael excuse me for being a bit newbie, but how I can change the graphic card to NVIDIA. I don't care about the battery life :)

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Jan 24, 2012 at 6:39:22 pm

I can't walk you through the exact steps right now as my MacBook Pro is at home, not in my office. However, I do remember that it's in your system preferences. Probably under displays. Poke around in there. It's a Mac, you can't hurt anything.

- The Great Szalam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]