ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects/Illustrator problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard LutzAfter Effects/Illustrator problems
by on Jan 22, 2012 at 8:34:17 pm

Hi guys. I'm having a little difficulty with an illustrator file in After Effects. I recently did some work on on a Illustrator file then brought it into After Effects as a composition. I didn't merge the layers. (There was like 75 layers.) Later I tried to open the project later but didn't see any of the graphic elements that I was previously working with. All I saw was the solid that I created for my background. Am I doing something wrong? Why would I be having trouble seeing the Illustrator graphics in After Effects?

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects/Illustrator problems
by on Jan 22, 2012 at 9:07:04 pm

Is the illustrator file with the folder and comp you imported still present in the project window? Are the illustrator layers you were working with still present in the timeline but you just don't see them in the composition window? If so, check that your view option is set to active camera and not top or side.

Return to posts index

Richard LutzRe: After Effects/Illustrator problems
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:08:12 am

Yeah. I can see all of the files on my timeline, however I can't see anything in my viewer or when I select an individual layer.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: After Effects/Illustrator problems
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 3:49:19 pm

I assume that you've checked that the Composition window view is set to Active Camera. Obviously, check that the visibility (eyeball switch) for all of the layers is on, the layers are above the solid in the layer stack in the timeline, and the opacity is not at zero. If you still haven't figured it out then could you post a screen shot of your entire AE window?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]