ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

NVIDIA GT 540M & Adobe After effects issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rohan gopalan
NVIDIA GT 540M & Adobe After effects issue
on Jan 22, 2012 at 7:37:44 pm

I have recently purchased a Toshiba Qosmio F750 1005x laptop with i7,8gb ram & Nvidia GT 540M. I need to work on After Effects alot & have discovered that my graphic card does not support Adobe Aftereffects. I have been trying to look for solutions online but really cannot find any. Somebody please help me out.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: NVIDIA GT 540M & Adobe After effects issue
on Jan 22, 2012 at 7:47:23 pm

When you say "have discovered that my graphic card does not support Adobe Aftereffects" you are probably referring to OpenGL support for AE, in which case you should not worry a bit since even Adobe does not recommend using that for preview or render. AE will work just fine with that card. What I would look for is for more RAM - see if your machine supports more of it and then upgrade to the max since AE uses RAM.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

rohan gopalan
on Jan 22, 2012 at 8:37:51 pm

I have allowed 6.5gb of ram out of 8gb for after effects cs5, but the problem is as soon as i scrub on any parameter it crashes and it says my nvidia driver crashed and has is working again. but the software crashes. also i just read on the nvidia forum, about 7-8 differnt users with the same gt 540m had the same complain but there was no reply from nvidia... and pretty weirdly just now i was workin on after effects and it did not crash.. surprisingly after your reply...:).. hopefully it wont crash again.. n could u recommend me wat settings i should use in the memory n cache settings.. m using cs3.. thank you so much

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Jan 23, 2012 at 7:33:08 am

Make sure you have the latest available updates for CS 3. I would recommend saving up and upgrading to CS 5.5 soon.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 23, 2012 at 5:48:38 pm

You should also know that graphics cards have very little use in AE. They may be wonderful for other applications, but not for AE. In fact, if you use Open GL in an attempt to speed rendering, you will very, very often ruin your rendered AE animation. Adobe employees don't use Open GL when they render, and neither should you.

AE relies far more on fast processors and lots of them combined with great amounts of memory to speed rendering.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]