ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

video in video tv

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kellamvideo in video tv
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 8:55:27 pm

Very simply I'm trying to put a video inside of a t.v. which is on another video. In essence, I'm trying to put a video in a tv to replace whats on the tv. I suspect that I'll be using tracking and masks etc., but I'm not sure. Even still I'm not so proficient in after effects. Can anyone point me in the right direction or towards a decent tutorial that covers this or something similar? It's amazing how hard it is for me to find information on something that I would assume is very common.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: video in video tv
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 9:06:49 pm

How realistic is this supposed to look?

Why do you think you need to track it? Wasn't this done on a locked-down shot?

It would also look better if you could re-shoot on a TV with no picture in it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris KellamRe: video in video tv
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 9:42:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully as realistic as possible. The picture on the tv is only fuzz as we were hoping to use the fuzz from the tv to cast light on the actor. There is a bit of camera movement. The camera was on a crane.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: video in video tv
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 10:22:00 pm

If you have CS4 or later, you have Mocha, which should be able to do it for you. It isn't intuitive in its use, so you'll have to read up on it & look at the Mocha tutorials on the Imagineer web site. Make sure you know which version of Mocha you have before you look at the tutorials.

To add realism, you can make up an empty TV screen with variations in lightness in it to simulate the room lights reflecting on the screen, then use one of AE's blend modes over the replacement video.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris KellamRe: video in video tv
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 10:24:27 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]