ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Something like AE vegas-effect wit custom grafics/elements?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan FleigSomething like AE vegas-effect wit custom grafics/elements?
by on Jan 19, 2012 at 12:11:00 pm

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with a specific effect in AfterEffects or more so would like to know what´s the most effective way of pulling it of.

What i need is to have custom grafics circle along the outline of another grafic or a path.
The Outline/Path should be transformable to be able to morph to a different shape, while the graficelements sill travel on that path/outline.

Basically the Vegas Effect does everything I need, except it´s only dots or lines and no custom grafics...
Is there a good way to make a custom element travel along a closed path with almost as much control on number of elements etc. like vegas provides?

Any help appreciated. Thank You!

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Something like AE vegas-effect wit custom grafics/elements?
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:44:04 pm

I don't know of an easy way to do this in AE quite the way you describe. You could do this in Cinema 4d in less than 10 clicks with Mograph!

Does the path need to change shape while we're looking at it, or can we cut to a different angle and have them in a different shape? If we can cut, you could do that with Particular and motion paths.

A better idea would be Dan Ebberts' Follow The Leader trick [link].

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved