ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Should the sequence be rendered before exporting it into Adobe After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elysa Underwood
Should the sequence be rendered before exporting it into Adobe After Effects?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:31:34 pm

Hey,
I apologize for this very, very stupid question, but I've never worked with After Effects before and I'm freaking out here, cause I have to hand in a short movie in about 10 hours and if I do not,I am most definitely going to fail this particular class.
So, I edited and cropped all the clips, I've added the music already and I just have to apply some effects and I'm done,but the problem is that when I export my sequence into After Effects, all videos I've cut and made shorter just appear the same way as before the edit, namely in full length. Before exporting the project I forgot to render it, could that be the problem ? If not, what should I do to have all clips in the edited length?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Should the sequence be rendered before exporting it into Adobe After Effects?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:44:12 pm

What are you using to edit the footage, and how you exporting it to AE?

What is it that you actually need to accomplish in AE?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Should the sequence be rendered before exporting it into Adobe After Effects?
on Jan 17, 2012 at 11:48:42 pm

That's weird, and not nearly enough information to give you a straight answer. I recommend exporting what in Mac-land is known as a self-contained Quicktime movie of your entire edit timeline for use in AE. On a windows machine? Can't help.

This is your first time using AE, huh? I hope you have lots of coffee; you're going to need it. And good luck, too; you're going to need it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]