ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Monitor Calibration

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor NguyenMonitor Calibration
by on Jan 15, 2012 at 11:54:25 pm

When I Color Correct a video and export it to another computer. Somehow the contrast and saturation went up. So I'm wondering what should I do to calibrate my monitor. I have been hearing about the huey and also spyder 3. I have a laptop btw

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Monitor Calibration
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 7:42:56 am

You can calibrate your laptop screen, but for accurate color correction work you need an external reference monitor (they don't come cheap). If you don't have the funds for it, try connecting a LCD/LED tv to have a second reference besides the laptop screen.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Andrew SomersRe: Monitor Calibration
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:59:45 am

The XRite EyeOne Display 2 is a good calibration device, I like to use BasICColor Display software with it. I don't like the spyder and never used the huey.

Your Laptop *will never* be calibrated correctly, and the laptop screen should not be used for color correcting. -- you really need a good quality external monitor, calibrated with an XRite i1 for color critical work.

Return to posts index

Andrew SomersRe: Monitor Calibration
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 6:14:34 pm

That's the one - it comes with simple bundled software, but IMO "BasICColor Display" is a much better application for accurate calibration and profiling.

http://www.basiccolor.de/english/Datenblaetter_E/squid_E/squid_E.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]