ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adobe download question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob ZelinAdobe download question
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 8:39:04 pm

Hi -
I apologize for this unrelated post, but I don't know where else to ask (my first Adobe post).

I am building a new system for a client, who already owns Adobe Production Premium CS5. I have his Adobe ID, and I can see his legal serial #'s on the Adobe website. But the only thing I can download is CS5.5 - not CS5. If I download CS5.5, and enter a CS5 serial #, it will excect an upgrade payment to CS5.5.

So where do I download CS5 from ? He originally purchased from an online trial, so he never had a set of DVD's to install from. How do I download this software from Adobe that he legally owns ?

Thanks -
Bob Zelin

ps - I am not trying to load CS5 on two systems. The older system is being turned into a server, and I am trying to put CS5 on the new Mac comptuer.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Adobe download question
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 8:54:44 pm

Hi Bob -

I think your best bet is to contact Adobe tech support about this. By the way, it is legal to install two copies of an Adobe licenses product (say for example, on a desktop, and on a laptop) as long as the two packages are not used at the same time. It's an honor system thing, and a nice gesture on Adobe's part.

I don't see anywhere on the Adobe site where you can download older versions. It was really your client's job to make sure he had a backup of the trial version, so all he'd need is the s/n to get back up and running. That said, I'm sure Adobe will be helpful. Good luck.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved