ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Making HBO In Treatment Intro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel JimenezMaking HBO In Treatment Intro
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 12:21:28 am

A cliente ask me to do a intro clip like the on on HBO series In Treatment hereĀ“s a link so you can see it

Any idea of how to make it?? i see the water makes some distorsion to the text and suddenly it changes the color, i need help, please guys!!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Making HBO In Treatment Intro
by on Jan 14, 2012 at 3:15:49 am

There looks like 2 main things going on there. And probably a few differnt ways to accomplish it, but here's how I would do it.

First the text is being distored by the water layer. Apply a 'Distort > Displacement Map to the text layer, and adjust the settings to taste.

One thing you can do is duplicate the video layer and precomp the video layer. Now you can add some blur and level effects to make the text distort a littler smoother.

For the color, that just looks like the video of the water was used below a text layer and the video's track matte was set to alpha matte. Perhaps the video scale, position and time was offset a bit to make it a little different than the waves

I made a quick project using that video(I don't have any good water footage at home) to show the techniques I would use to accomplish the project.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Daniel JimenezRe: Making HBO In Treatment Intro
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 5:31:09 pm

Thanks man!! it looks awesome!! I really appreciate it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved