ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Best next generation computer 2012 for after effects motion designer ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nicolas bouchi-lamontagne
Best next generation computer 2012 for after effects motion designer ?
on Jan 13, 2012 at 1:13:33 am

Hi,

my MAcBook pro Core2DUO late 2007 is too slow it seem's to have troubles with graphic card...
I can't even make a little ball rolling in RAM preview in after effects, there's some render troubles...

I'm waiting for a new one (next generation in 2012) but I really don't know wich one expecting for something around $1500 and $2000 :

- Best processor : micro Ivy bridge vs last end generation Sandy Bridge-E Xeon ? Wich one is the best ?
- Best graphic card for After Effects : Nvidia vs Amd in 2012 ?

- MAC or LEnovo or ASUS or even something that I could build by myself ?
- MAcBook PRO 2012 vs Imac 2012 ? (mac pro could be better but might be too expensive for my budget...)

Can you please tell me what will be the next computer you are expecting ?
I must admit that I've been very disapointed with my last APPLE, I've crash my graphic card, my hard drive, my dvd burner and reader, my battery, so almost nothing in good working order at this moment...

Thanks Bye nicolas

Return to posts index

Jm Chadillon
Re: Best next generation computer 2012 for after effects motion designer ?
on Jan 13, 2012 at 3:11:54 pm

your macbook pro has problems getting a ram preview started? Are you using multiprocessing? I only use multi processing when exporting, never when I'm designing. Give that a try maybe that will help.

As far as processors go, i can't really help. But i can help with your macbook pro vs iMac dilemma.

I had a 2009 macbook pro then recently upgraded to a 27" iMac with and i5 quad core at home. Juiced up with 12 gigs of ram (soon to be 16 or more) it handles most comps well. I would assume that if the macbook pros are running the same CPU's or better then your macbook pro will be just as good if not better.

To compare it to something, i had a 2010 quad core mac pro with 16 gigs of ram at the office for a while, my iMac is may faster than that machine.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Best next generation computer 2012 for after effects motion designer ?
on Jan 13, 2012 at 7:32:09 pm

I have been having good success with my HP Pavilion Elite. I would not suggest getting a notebook computer for working with AE. Portability is nice, but I like speed and power.

Get the most powerful processor you can and about 4 GB of RAM per core.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]