ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3d camera tracking on After Effects CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anderson Rohr3d camera tracking on After Effects CS5
by on Jan 12, 2012 at 2:41:53 pm

Hey guys!
I'm learning After Effects, and I want your comment about a video that I did in CS5 with the plugin called Camera Tracker.

This was the most difficult video that I worked. Its a music video that I called "Country and Heavy Metal".

Shot in 1 day, post-production in 36 hours (animate - for example, Mapex drums is a jpeg that I had to animate -, create, etc) and render time: 5h34min approx.

So, please comment what you think? I'll be very happy, because constructive criticism are always welcome!

Thank you,
Anderson Rohr.

Return to posts index

Evan AbramsRe: 3d camera tracking on After Effects CS5
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:37:58 pm

Looks good. A couple things I might suggest for next time:
1. Colour Correct and match your elements into your scene, or take a portable green screen with you so you can film them in the same lighting condition as your clean plate to reduce the look that they don't belong in the scene.
2. Check their scale against a reference on set. I recommend always doing 2 passes at least. 1 with reference objects/people around and then one clean plate so in post you know how large/small to make things.
3. At times the objects appear floating in the scene, could be a result of the camera tracker not correctly finding a ground plane or 0 point?
4. Either you have two light sources or you're on a planet with 2 suns because you have natural shadows that cross perpendicular to your shadows you added in post.
5. Depth of field seems incongruous between your real and virtual camera
6. Another option is to throw away realism and lean closer to surrealism but.

Hope that helps. It does look very nice, and I loved the pull away through the monitor at end. Very cool.

Evan Abrams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved