ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to use a Photoshop document to replace green screen background in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nacera MekkiHow to use a Photoshop document to replace green screen background in After Effects
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:03:17 pm

I am trying to replace a green screen background with a Photoshop file that has a gradient effect in Final Cut. The final product shows blurry movement around the person's face (where the green screen starts).

Is there an option to use a solid color with some gradient effect in After Effects as my green screen background?
If not, what are the requirements of the photoshop file to use in After Effects or Final Cut to avoid the blurry look?

I saved the Photoshop file for 'Film and Video' Size HDTV 1080p/29.97, same size and speed as my footage.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Nacera

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to use a Photoshop document to replace green screen background in After Effects
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:22:22 pm

There could be all kinds of reasons for a "blurry look", and you haven't given us nearly enough information to make an accurate diagnosis. It could be the video codec. It could be poor green screen lighting conditions. It could be an out-of-focus shot. It could be fast movement in the shot. It could be your particular version of AE. It could be the keying effect you're using.

But to answer one question, yes: you can use AE's Ramp effect on a solid to create a gradient background for the green screen shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]