ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Recommendations needed for new editing suite

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon mountneyRecommendations needed for new editing suite
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 5:22:25 pm

Hi everyone, I am in the process of upgrading my kit from an imac for the purposes of video editing, coloring and compositing and have a couple questions. Firstly I'll explain that I use a Sony F3 with the newly acquired S-Log and Gemini 4:4:4 10 bit video, which is a bit big to say the least. File sizes have skyrocketed. 4gb for 15 second clips etc. Needless to say the computer is going to catch on fire at this rate and so I am trying to find out what my options are for upgrading to a new system. After Effects deserves it I think.

Typically I either import footage straight into FCP (mac user) or After Effects when compositing needs to be done, then send to Color and output. Simple enough. Now I've gotten my head around DPX files and have to deal with clips that don't play smoothly anymore in Color and become unwieldy in AE with even the most basic of amendments.

What would you recommend for a new system regarding cpu, gpu, raid setup, additional video cards (completely in the dark here) and what additional requirements would I need to improve my working process?

Hope to hear back

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Recommendations needed for new editing suite
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 4:57:27 pm

Hey Simon,
Instead of using the "After Effects" forum, you should post this in one of the techie forums, like.....
" Tech Talk" or
"What Computer Should I Buy?"

I'm sure you'll get some responses there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved