ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

My composition won't render out the way the footage is sized.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric shloydaMy composition won't render out the way the footage is sized.
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 4:51:25 pm

Okay, so I'm rendering my video out at 720x486 like who is have it in my composition and how the files are sized as but from some reason when i render it out the video is blown out and says the size is 720x486 but clearly it is stretched. losing my mind why after effects would show me one thing in my composition preview window but when i render it out with the same specs it gets blown out. please help!? :/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: My composition won't render out the way the footage is sized.
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 7:25:36 pm

720x486 is 4x3 standard-def video. It has a pixel aspect ratio of something close to .91. In other words, NOT square pixels. It sounds like you're viewing the result in something which reads the rendered file as having square pixels. Thus, it looks a little wide.

How did you make your AE comp? Did you drag the footage onto the Make Comp icon at the bottom of the project window? Did you use the D1 NTSC comp preset, which is the correct one to use for 720x486? Did you do something different than that?

Additional questions:
How is this file rendered from AE going to be used next?
Did you also separate fields properly when interpreting the footage (lower field first) and render in the proper field order (lower field first)?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]