ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects error when rendering - discolored lines and shapes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Grieff
after effects error when rendering - discolored lines and shapes
on Jan 9, 2012 at 3:17:29 pm

I'm having problems during rendering when random frames will begin to get a pattern of lines and certain shapes that are discolored over the animation within after effects.

The source file is a WMV animation and have tried with a JPEG sequence as well but still get the same lines error. There is nothing wrong with the source file it is clean with no errors. This only happens when I bring it into after effects and do a RAM preview or try to pre render the comp. I want to render it out as a PNG sequence with the alpha but the error occurs. I've also tried doing a WMV and JPEQ sequence and same thing happens. Has anyone ever had this happen to they're work before?

I've attached an image of an examples of the error, note that the lines will be random and either horizontal or vertical and sometimes I'll get random shapes as well. The lines are in the top third horizontally in this image and a little faded but noticable.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: after effects error when rendering - discolored lines and shapes
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:21:24 pm

Are you using Open GL to accelerate rendering? Don't. Turn it off. Adobe employees don't use it when they render, and you shouldn't, either.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan Grieff
Re: after effects error when rendering - discolored lines and shapes
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:33:02 pm

Ok I was seeing if that was the issue but it turns out I must of switched the project settings to 32bpc and so I switched it back to 16bpc and everything is running smoothly now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]