ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Use two Photoshop Live 3D objects in a single After Effects comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Berry
Use two Photoshop Live 3D objects in a single After Effects comp?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 11:11:32 pm

I'd like to know if it's possible to create a new comp in After Effects (CS5.5) and then import two Photoshop Live 3D models into the comp and then animate a camera around them? I can do this easily with a single imported PS 3D (PSD) model, but can't figure out how to import a second 3D model to use in the same scene.

For example, lets say I had two separate PS Live 3D models, one of a car, and the other of a motorcycle. How can I import both of these two models (saved as Photoshop .PSD Live files) into my comp and then use a single camera to orbit around both models in 3D space. I have a sneaking suspicion that this might not be possible and that I might have to learn how to use a dedicated 3D software package!

Thanks for reading,

Mike.

Return to posts index

niccolo ungaro
Re: Use two Photoshop Live 3D objects in a single After Effects comp?
on Jan 9, 2012 at 12:48:09 pm

I would suggest to render in alfa the first object (3D psd live) reimport the same in the comp. and than go on with the second one...
Regards.
nic.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Use two Photoshop Live 3D objects in a single After Effects comp?
on Jan 9, 2012 at 7:12:49 pm

Working with one PSD 3d layer is slow at it's best. Two... I would not try. The first suggestion you got (render one w alpha and comp with the second) works if you do not want to tweak the animation/position. I would recommend Zaxwerks Invigorator Pro. You can bring in a few models, link them to AE 3d layers and position/animate them using the familiar AE controls.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]