ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

cut paste not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Samuelscut paste not working
by on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:32:03 pm

Hi, Ive been trying to do this tutorial

but when I get to the cut /paste part at 3:53 its not working for me. I cut the paint layer and try to paste into my new solid and then hit U but it doesn't appear to have pasted. Also sometimes It won't even allow me to paste as its shaded out. I don't understand why as I am doing everything exactly as he says. I am following exactly what he says so What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Mark SamuelsRe: cut paste not working
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 1:06:17 am

Im having a another weird AE issue now. I managed to work out how to cut and paste. I had to select effects layer not paint layer like he says in the video, however whats happening now is something I cut in a previous project is pasting into this project even though its completely new project!!! Do I have to clear a clipboard or something??

Return to posts index

Mark SamuelsRe: cut paste not working
by on Jan 9, 2012 at 2:58:40 am

Its ridiculous that I have to reply to myself every time I need to edit but I have no choice in theses forums.

Re - the cut/paste issue Ive been having. What I have noticed is that I have to copy my effects layer then cut it. If I do not copy first then when I paste, it will paste what was previously cut! Resetting prefs has not fixed this. Started happening all of a sudden and have no idea why. At least I have found a work around but its a tad annoying having to do this. I have cs5.5 and mac osx 10.7.2 i7 8GB

Anyone else experienced this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved